ABOUT M.A.D.E SPORT CAMPS
At M.A.D.E Sports Foundation, we believe that sports offer a healthy platform and outlet for youth to engage in physical activities in a safe environment. Our goal is to create an atmosphere that develops character, celebrates education, and cultivate life skills amongst youth within inner-city communities across the country.
M.A.D.E. Sports Foundation Camps will feature:
- Fun and safe activities to promote physical and mental wellness
- Training and coaching from highly qualified sports professionals
- Sharpening ingenuity and independent thinking
- Empowerment and self-advocacy
- Enriching work ethic and responsibility
- Developing social skills, tolerance and cultural awareness
Benefits to M.A.D.E Sport Camps
Children will have a chance to receive coaching/mentoring by athletes who have reached the highest level of sport.
● Better vision. Children who spend time outdoors playing, especially organized sports, are less likely to develop vision problems.
● Healthy weight. Obesity is increasing in children, but the data show that kids who are more active, especially after school, are more likely to be of normal weight.
● Motor skills development. Sports participation helps with coordination and learning new skills.
● Social skills development. Playing on a team means learning to work with others and support them.
● Self-confidence. Success as a team member and an athlete builds confidence.
● Sportsmanship. Learning the rules of the game, respect for coaches and referees, and how to stay positive even when losing are all valuable life lessons.
● Fun and enjoyment. Campers will have the opportunity to play with other campers in a safe setting while building friendships.